Want to do something special for your dog this weekend? Here in Ardmore, Pennsylvania (a suburb of Philadelphia) we are having what feels like endless rain showers. We were trying to think of fun indoor activities and we came up with something that your dog will really enjoy! Homemade dog biscuits! What better way to spoil your fur baby than with a treat made from the heart. The dogs of our marketing specialist, Erika, love the following recipe!
Cheesy Dog Treats
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Servings: 24 treats
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
• 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 cup water
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, mix cheeses with oil. Stir in flour, dry milk, and salt until blended. Add water and knead until dough comes together. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut out treats using a cookie cutter. Repeat until all dough is used. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until treats are golden brown. Allow to cool thoroughly before serving to your four-legged friend.
• Note: You can substitute whole wheat flour for the all-purpose to make an even healthier treat for your dog.